What is Solar?
We wanted to build a theme that would carry features and capabilities the Weebly community didn't think was possible. So stand back and get ready to experience and learn about one really cool Weebly theme.
Let's say you have a blog. You write a lot, have a few different categories, but want the style of your theme to be more modern and magazine-like. Well, Solar can pickup that tab! Solar will take your latest posts and automatically organize them into a clean and trendy magazine layout.
We're not done! Solar will additionally do the same for 3 categories of your blog, and all without touching a single line of code.
- 100% ResponsiveYes, Solar is 100% responsive.
- Weebly 4's Customizable HeaderWeebly 4's customizable header gives you a drag & drop banner area, which you can add a background image or solid background color to. You can also adjust the banner's height, or choose to make the background image parallax, reveal, or a video background (pro accounts only).
- Infinite ScrollingInfinite scrolling allows visitors to your blog to scroll through all of your blog posts from the blog's homepage. When a visitor has scrolled through all of your blog posts, they'll be greeted with a scroll-to-top button to take them to the top of the page. You can turn infinite scrolling off under "Theme>Theme Options>Infinite Scrolling".
- Accent ColorSolar comes with an accent color that you can choose under "Theme>Theme Options>Accent Color". The accent color is the color used by the Owl carousel slider's information content and navigation, the information content of the 3 category section, the scroll bar (webkit browsers only), active links, the ticker's label, blog comment's background, and the background of the banner's h2 tag.
- Blog AutomationBlog automation is a feature that automatically pulls content from your blog and displays it on other parts and pages of your website. Solar automatically pulls your 7 latest blog posts and displays them in a global new ticker at the top of the page. Those 7 same blog posts are also split on the "Solar" page layout, with 4 appearing in the Owl carousel slider, and 3 below the Owl carousel slider. 5 of your latest blog posts and the categories for that blog will appear in the global sidebar. Additionally, Solar will pull 5 of the latest blog posts from 3 individual blog categories of your choice and display them beneath the Owl Carousel Slider on the "Solar" page layout (homepage). Setting up blog automation is as simple as entering your blog's and category URLs in to the automation drop down in the Weebly Editor.
- CalendarTo the right of the navigation is a calendar that displays the current day of the week, month, day, and year.
- Random Post GeneratorTo the right of the ticker is a random post generator. When visitors to your site click the random post generator, they'll be automatically taken to a random blog post within your blog every time.
- PreloaderSolar comes with a built-in preloader. A preloader is an animation visitors to your site will see to keep them occupied while your page loads. Once the page is completed loaded, the preloader will fade out.
- Global SidebarSolar's global sidebar will appear on every page and carry 2 individual drag and drop areas, your blog's 5 latest blog posts, and that blog's categories.
- BreadcrumbsBreadcrumbs appear at the top of your blog's homepage and posts' page, and provide a clickable navigation. The breadcrumbs will automatically display the homepage of the blog being viewed, as well as the title of the blog post or category page being viewed.
- Recommended Content WidgetSolar's recommended content widget will automatically recommend 3 random blog posts from your blog at the bottom of every blog post. You can turn off the recommended content widget under "Theme>Theme Options>Recommended Content".
- Adjustable BackgroundSolar's background image can be adjusted under "Theme>Change Background".
- SloganTo keep with your brand's image, beneath the logo is a "Click Here to Edit" text box for a slogan. The slogan will appear beneath your logo on desktop, tablet, and mobile versions of your site.
- Global Ad SpaceAppearing to the right of the logo is a drag and drop area for an ad (or anything). The content within this drag and drop area will automatically display above the main content area on the tablet and mobile versions of the theme. You can also choose to individually shut off the desktop, and the tablet and mobile ad space under "Theme Options".
- Theme OptionsTheme options make it easy to customize Solar without touching a line of code. Solar's theme options include changing the site width, a 3 option transparency of the theme (i.e., none, a little, a lot), an accent color, accent text color, the option to independently turn on or off the desktop and mobile header ad, a ticker shut off, ticker speed adjustment (1 - 5 seconds), desktop and mobile height adjustment for the Owl carousel slider, set navigation to "fixed", turn on/off the random post generator, column flip toggle, 3 arrow choices for the categories on the "Solar" page layout, the number of most recent and most popular blog posts to appear in the global sidebar (1 through 5), turn on/off sticky sidebar, and the choice to hide blog automation setup (Weebly Editor only).
- TickerSolar's ticker appears at the top of every page and automatically displays the title of your blog's 7 latest posts. You can adjust its speed (1 - 5 seconds) or shut it off under "Theme Options". The "JUST IN" text on Solar's demo site is a "Click Here To Edit" box, which allows you to label the ticker.
- Column FlipInstead of having the the global sidebar on the right side, easily flip it to the left side under "Theme>Theme Options>Flip Blog Columns".
- Recent PostsSolar will display your blog's 5 most recent post within the global sidebar and include the first thumbnail of that blog post, its title, and date. You can select the number of the recent blog posts to show under "Theme Options>Recent Posts". The title of this section is a "Click Here To Edit" box for easy labeling.
- Most Popular PostsSolar will display your blog's 5 most popular posts within the global sidebar and include the first thumbnail of that blog post, its title, and comment count. You can select the number of the most popular blog posts to show under "Theme Options>Popular Posts". The title of this section is a "Click Here To Edit" box for easy labeling.
- Scroll To Top ButtonSolar has a built-in scroll-to-top button that appears on all page layouts. The scroll to top buttons takes on the accent color.
- H1 TagsSolar's blog post titles are h1 tags. H1 tags are important for SEO because they help the search engines quickly identify the content within a page.
- Sticky Blog SidebarThe sticky blog sidebar sticks as a visitors scrolls up and down your page. This is useful for ensuring content within the blog's sidebar is always just a click away. You can turn on/off the sticky sidebar under "Theme>Theme Options>Sticky Sidebar".
- Blog CategoriesAny categories you apply to a blog post will automatically appear in the global sidebar for easy navigation. You can turn the blog categories off under "Theme>Theme Options>Blog Categories".
- Blog ArchivesYour blog's archives will automatically appear in the global sidebar for easy navigation. You can turn the blog archives off under "Theme>Theme Options>Blog Archives".
- Numbered Blog PaginationNumbered blog pagination appears at the bottom of any main blog page and allows visitors to easily navigate between pages. Solar's numbered blog pagination, from the current page, allows visitors to easily visit the next 2 or previous 2 pages, the first page, and the last page of a blog.
- Owl Carousel SliderAppearing on Solar's "Solar" page layout (homepage), the Owl carousel slider will automatically display the first thumbnail, title, and post date of 4 of your latest blog posts. A navigation appears below the Owl carousel slider or you can swipe it with your mouse or finger (mobile).
- Other News SectionAppearing below the Owl carousel slider on the "Solar" page layout (homepage) is the other news section. Blog posts that are no longer new enough to appear in the Owl carousel slider appear here. The title of this section is a "Click Here To Edit" box for easy labeling.
- 3 Category SectionAppearing below the "other news section" on the "Solar" page layout (homepage) are 3 category sections. After inputting the URL of 3 category pages from your blog in to the automation drop down, 5 of the latest blog posts from each of those 3 categories will appear in the 3 individual category sections. The arrow within each section can be changed to 2 other arrow styles and will automatically link to that individual blog category page. The title of each section is a "Click Here To Edit" box for easy labeling.
- Google Custom Search ReadySolar is Google Custom Search ready. This means if you want to use Google Custom Search on your site, you just need to add your Google Custom Search's "search box" code in the drag and drop search box. The styling of the Google Custom Search will be determined by the theme.
- 3 Page LayoutsSolar comes standard with 3 page layouts, a header, no header page layout, and its exclusive "solar" page layout (homepage).
- Drag & Drop FooterSolar comes with a global drag and drop footer (includes free Weebly accounts). Changes made in the footer on one page will automatically reflect on all pages.
- 100% Support & Free Lifetime UpgradesAs a user of this theme, we've got your back 100%! Though our themes are rigorously tested (they really are -- sometimes it takes days to iron out the bugs), if any issues ever arise with this theme, simply send us a message! You'll also enjoy free upgrades to the latest version of this theme for its lifetime. When new versions are available, you'll be sent a notification and download link via e-mail.